For Immediate Release
Office of Labor Standards Reaches Nearly $400,000.00 Settlement with Seattle Business for Violations of Multiple Labor Standards
Seattle, WA – (July 6, 2023) The Seattle Office of Labor Standards (OLS) investigated Prosperity Foods, LLC dba Wingstop and Last Stop Wings, LLC dba Wingstop (Wingstop) for alleged violations of the Paid Sick and Safe Time, Minimum Wage, Wage Theft, and Secure Scheduling Ordinances.
The former owners settled the allegations and agreed to pay a total financial remedy of $388,992.81 to 189 affected workers and $762.30 to the City of Seattle.
OLS alleged Wingstop failed to:
- Pay employees the Seattle minimum wage
- Provide employees with written notice of employment information
- Provide employees with rest breaks and meals breaks
- Post work schedules at least 14 days in advance
“The settlement is of the utmost importance to not just myself but to everyone else who has been affected by this whole situation,” said a former Wingstop employee. “Don’t forget that you matter too and deserve to be treated appropriately for the service you provide.”
Wingstop has more than 500 employees, is part of a franchise network of 1,413 locations worldwide and operates three Seattle locations.
“The alleged violations across numerous labor laws show the importance of workers knowing their rights so they can exercise them. We encourage workers in Seattle to contact OLS if they have questions. OLS is also available to assist businesses with free technical assistance to ensure they are in compliance,” said Steven Marchese, OLS Director.
To learn more about Seattle’s labor standards please click here, or call 206-256-5297.
- Help for workers and the public: to ask a question, file a complaint, or provide information, call 206-256-5297, email email@example.com, or click here to fill out a worker inquiry web form.
- Help for employers: for free and private assistance for compliance with Seattle’s labor standards, call 206-256-5297, email firstname.lastname@example.org or click here to fill out an employer inquiry web form.