January 25, 2018
Contact: Norm Mah, Public Relations Supervisor, 206.684.8114
Fairview Ave N closures between Mercer St and Republican St on Saturday January 27 through Sunday, January 28
SEATTLE – The Seattle Department of Transportation (SDOT) advises travelers that all southbound lanes of Fairview Ave N between Mercer St and Republican St will be closed, and northbound Fairview Ave N will be reduced to one lane at the same location on Saturday, January 27 and Sunday, January 28 from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. for cement panel replacement by private construction contractor crews.
What to expect:
- Both southbound lanes of Fairview Ave N closed between Mercer St and Republican St (the adjacent west side sidewalk will be closed).
- One northbound lane and left turn lane of Fairview Ave N will be closed.
- The I-5 to Mercer St exit off-ramp two left turn lanes to southbound Fairview Ave N will be closed.
- There will be a detour for southbound travelers including those exiting I-5 intending to go southbound on Fairview Ave N.
- Go westbound on Mercer St and take left turn at Westlake Ave N for a southbound travel option.
- Detours are in place and KC Metro buses will be rerouted around closures.
- Uniformed Police officers will be directing traffic during construction.
- The Seattle Boat on South Lake Union will bring added crowds to South Lake Union, so please plan for the detours.